From iconic stars to timeless music, there’s never been a better time to be a season subscriber to the Kansas City Symphony. Subscribe today for access to the best seats at the best prices. The season begins in September and runs through June 2018.
2017-18 CLASSICAL SERIES
Fourteen concert weekends: 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; or 2 p.m. Sundays. Purchase Bravo Series (7 concerts), Ovation Series (7 concerts) or Masterwork Series (all 14 concerts). Led by Music Director Michael Stern or guest conductors.
- Opening Weekend: Rachmaninoff and Capriccio espagnol (Sept. 15-17)
- Dvořák’s Eighth with Shostakovich (Oct. 27-29)
- Brahms’ Requiem and the French Impressionists (Nov. 3-5)
- Romantic Royalty: Tchaikovsky and Chopin (Nov. 24-26)
- Geller and Grossman Play Mozart plus Sibelius’ Fifth (Jan. 12-14, 2018)
- Mahler’s Seventh (Jan. 26-28, 2018)
- Beethoven’s “Eroica” with Bernstein’s Serenade (Feb. 2-4, 2018)
- Bernstein, Prokofiev and Schumann (Feb. 23-25, 2018)
- Joyce DiDonato Sings Bernstein and Berlioz (March 16-18, 2018)
- Yo-Yo Ma, Pines of Rome and Bernstein (March 23-25, 2018)
- Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Bernstein (April 13-15, 2018)
- Beethoven’s “Emperor” and Wagner’s Ring (June 1-3, 2018)
- Mendelssohn’s “Italian” and Haydn (June 15-17, 2018)
- Season Finale Fantastique with Bernstein (June 22-24, 2018)
2017-18 SYMPHONY POP SERIES
Four concert weekends: 8 p.m. Fridays or Saturdays. Led by David T. Beals III Associate Conductor Jason Seber.
- Melissa Etheridge with the Kansas City Symphony (Sept. 22-23)
- The Best of Rodgers & Hammerstein: Some Enchanted Evening (Jan. 19-20, 2018)
- A Tribute to Kansas City Jazz: From Basie to Bebop with Bobby Watson (Feb. 9-10, 2018)
- Screenland at the Symphony: Back to the Future (April 20-21, 2018)
2017-18 SYMPHONY FAMILY SERIES
Four concert weekends: 2 p.m. Sundays. Perfect for children ages 4-13. Includes full-length version of the Symphony’s Christmas Festival. Each child subscription is only $10 with the purchase of an adult subscription.
- Superheroes at the Symphony (Oct. 1)
- The Firebird (Nov. 12)
- Christmas Festival (Dec. 17)
- The Science of Sound with Science City’s STEAM Team (March 4, 2018)
Subscribers have the option to add on these holiday and specials concerts when purchasing a 2017-18 subscriptions. *Single tickets to some concerts on sale now.
- Screenland at the Symphony: Star Trek Into Darkness Live (Sept. 8 and 10)*
- Brian Stokes Mitchell with the Kansas City Symphony (Oct. 7)*
- Screenland at the Symphony: Nosferatu (Oct. 31)*
- Queen’s Greatest Hits with the Kansas City Symphony (Nov. 18)*
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™ in Concert (Feb. 15-18, 2018)
- The Music of Prince with the Kansas City Symphony (March 10, 2018)
- Audra McDonald with the Kansas City Symphony (May 5, 2018)
*Indicates single tickets on sale now.
- Canadian Brass: Christmastime is Here! (Dec. 1)
- Handel’s Messiah (Dec. 8-10)
- Christmas Festival (Dec. 15-19)
- Disney in Concert: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (Dec. 22-23)
The Symphony will announce other 2017-18 concerts and events, such as Classics Uncorked Series and the FREE Happy Hour Series concerts in July.
Single tickets on sale Monday, July 24 at 10 a.m.
To learn more about becoming a Kansas City Symphony subscriber or to purchase single tickets to select concerts now, visit kcsymphony.org or call the Symphony Box Office at (816) 471-0400.